Monday, July 03, 2006

Thank you Countryboyi, but ...!

@savage.
Yes indeed, why can’t we all just get along?


@Darlkom
I think “Man and Boy” was a lot better than the sequel, for me the pleasure of reading Tony Parson’s work was in watching this guy’s world coming apart and his attempts at patching things up with his parents, Gina, Cyd, Pat and Cyd’s daughter. The sequel on the other hand was just about the troubles of domesticity – who wants to read about this guy freaking out that Cyd might be cheating on him with this hotshot catering guy who drives a Porsche? And that his son might be taking to Gina’s new boyfriend?

@Countryboyi
1. Like you, I abhor Homosexuality in all its forms as well as transvestitism, transsexuals, bisexualism et al.
2. Unlike you I have learnt, most probably through associating with people of those different persuasions, to put my hate aside and accept them for who they are.
3. Based of course on the entirely personal realization that I have a lot more important things to deal with.
4. You’re probably right about Dr. Tamale’s motivation for being in the pro-gay lobby; I don’t know the woman so I won’t deign to speak for her.
5. But I agree with her on the issue of lowering the age of consent, read the Straight Talk any day, kids as young as 10 are having sex! Usually for the wrong reasons of course and also probably because they want to experiment with their budding sexuality
6. Which leads me to think that maybe we should devote a lot more energy and money into the drive to teach teenagers about their sexuality. In a manner entirely appropriate for their tender and impressionable minds. You and I have had the privilege of an upbringing that affords us the opportunity to ask questions and learn from our elders/society/teachers etc. I know, from reading Straight Talk, of kids who still believe that if you don’t have sex; either one of two things will happen; you’ll become impotent/barren or your period pains will become really intense (for girls) and for boys, you’ll be regarded as less of a man.
7. I would not be disturbed if I caught my sister enjoying a blowjob from some guy, good for her! Every woman ought to get one. Frequently. But I would unleash the Congolese in me if I caught some guy giving my wife a blowjob! Mostly because I would be in a catch 22 situation. I kill him and I end up in prison, leaving my children fatherless. I arrest him and hand him in to the authorities so they can implement “the Adultery section of the Penal Code, which will fine a man, convicted of adultery a fine of Shs 600…!” I think not, there will be blood on the walls but he would live even though he’d have to feed through a straw for the rest of his natural life. Spare a thought for Mr. Ngaiza here, imagine how he feels!
8. So you see, I agree with you that wrong is wrong and must be condemned and corrected. When you find a “cure” for Homosexuality, let me know and I’ll help you implement it.
9. Just to be clear, blowjobs are great! Try one sometime, you’ll agree with me, almost as good as Sula’s Rolexes.
10. What will save our kids from the path that leads to destruction and the fires of hell? You and I raising them in the way that they should go so when they become adults they shall not stray from that path or you and I debating in Parliament, on KFM, in the blogosphere, in the kafunda, in the taxi and around the water fountain in the office issues like this and many others? I’d go with the former which emphasizes the family as the basic building block of society. Fucked up families give us fucked up children = fucked up adults.
11. We really are on the same page, you and I, you’re more like the Centre right and I’m the Centre left.

@Jay
Thank you mate. Sanity will prevail eventually.

@Baz
Quit picking on Yoni, he’s a good chap.

8 Comments:

Blogger savage said...

What I have learnt is that in some places,gay people are all around and you never know who is gay and who is not and in order to co-exist peacefully one just has to be discreet about one's homophobia.

Point is we just need to learn to accept these people for who they are because they are so around us and they conribute a lot to better our lives in the sense that many entertainers and creative people are gay including one Dennism is bound to identify with more-Anderson Cooper of CNN.

Here you can find a list of famous gay people and you will be shocked by some of the people on this list.
http://gayinfo.tripod.com

Mon Jul 03, 06:01:00 pm  
Blogger CountryBoyi said...

Jay's words are so full of wisdom. The matter is all settled. Savage put it best, why can't we get along?

Tue Jul 04, 09:30:00 am  
Blogger Iwaya said...

how come i never seem to get that book Man and Wife? Dee,really!

Tue Jul 04, 11:39:00 am  
Blogger baz said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Wed Jul 05, 04:03:00 pm  
Blogger baz said...

hah hah! I didn't say anything about Yoni. Yoni is gay?


Meanwhile there was this other guy in school who was known to have raped some other guy back in the day. But he was good at track and soccer, so no one bothered him. Homophobia is like that-- cowardly. Pick on little guys like Yoni cos he walks funny and you look the other way with that other guy.

Savage, I would like to argue from an informed point of view, but I am scared of that link. Swear there are no pictures first.

Wed Jul 05, 04:11:00 pm  
Blogger savage said...

@Baz-I swear.Just regular press mugshots of celebrities. nothing to make one squeamish.

Wed Jul 05, 05:50:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't throw stones, but let me say this. The president and the law also ‘persecute’ corrupt people, yet nobody ever gets up to defend those who take or give kitu kidogo, and yet they are normal people. Why don’t gay people just grow bufallo hides like the rest of the sinners (adulterers, wife beaters, etc) and stop over shouting in our ears about their sexuality. They still go their route whether it’s illegal or not, so…?

Gay rights noise is just rubbish intended to cause such a great stink that people are forced to notice. But even if the law recognised gays, it would not make their inclinations right. It would only give them the liberty to go around trying to make other people like them. Which is primarily why homosexuality is such a disgrace: if it’s your thing, why force or pay others into it like in some boarding schools, or male prostitution rings? That’s the outrage.

Fri Jul 07, 03:03:00 pm  
Blogger Degstar said...

@Anonymous,
LOL...
whoever u are, my gut tells me u're female, u just cracked me up with that "why dont they grow buffalo hides like other sinners"
thats fresh dat is.

@Baz,
Yoni. is. not. gay.
and even if he was, so wat? he'd still be my frend. as for that rapist dude, i know someone like that too (all SMACKists circa 1996 do), except he is currently a favourite with the chicks.

i never did figure out whether he really was/is gay or was just being violently curious - sexually.

Fri Jul 07, 07:33:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home