Wednesday, August 30, 2006

No more Mr. Employee

Today is my second last day at this organization.
Presenting the thoughts on my mental to-do list;

1. Pay off Rita at the lunch place downstairs, oba I owe her Ushs. 6,000 now

2. Clear out my different desk drawers and take the statute of the Burundian woman off my desk. On second thoughts, I’ll leave that behind

3. should not forget my Certificate in P.R Training from 4 odd months ago, should get that framed

4. now I can officially date all the chicks from my office, correction, that would be Olivia

5. Note to self; Olly has put you on her “Nice Guy” list, hasn’t she? Cause you know that’s the Kiss of Death! Oh well, she has a suitor anyways

6. Clear out the garage of all those excess posters that you took home after the fashion show 2 years ago. Corporate responsibility has time limits

7. they’ll probably deactivate your biometric ID now so always call ahead when coming over in future, to avoid ignominy of knocking on the glass door

8. Which reminds me, I need a Gmail account! Would any of y’all care to mail me an invite? My address is of course degattitude@yahoo.com. Thank u ever so much

9. How to tell the nice chick at KIU that she will not have the pleasure of my company anymore at those “meet the client” events? How to indeed?

10. Need a second pair of trainers because I will not be wearing wingtips and oxfords for a while yet. Strictly old jeans and vintage Tshirts

11. Start writing an account of my first “100 days of un-Employment” loosely based upon Gabriel Garcia Marquez’s 100 Days of Solitude.

12. damn, I’m gonna miss Olly just walking upto me and hugging me and holding on for dear life. And the adorable way she stands behind me and pours cold water into my shirt down my back … sigh. Hang on, is here something there that I have missed out on kabisa? … Waah, you’re her Nice Guy remember? Ah well … bibaawo

12 Comments:

Blogger Kenyanchick said...

Hey Degstar,
I'm sending you a gmail invite right now.

Damn, I wish I could quit my job. Let us know everything about your new life. I need to live vicariously through someone..
Cheers.

Wed Aug 30, 04:23:00 pm  
Blogger Mindbloggling said...

Check me out. This is not spam.

Wed Aug 30, 04:35:00 pm  
Blogger Lovely Amphibian said...

kati since u are unemployed, u come over and i'll show you the ropes. there's a method to these things, bwana, not to just go out like that gafula.

by the way, i also need a gmail invite peeps. steviejamesug@yahoo.com. please?

Wed Aug 30, 04:46:00 pm  
Blogger Kenyanchick said...

Ok, sent one to you too, you Lovely Amphibian.

Now I'm going to sleep.
Yes, I know it's only 4:45 pm., what's your point?

Soon Degstar will know all about afternoon naps. So what if I'm still employed?

Wed Aug 30, 04:56:00 pm  
Anonymous inquiring mind said...

what's olivia's last name?

Wed Aug 30, 07:44:00 pm  
Blogger baz said...

Very creepy coincidence. I read this while listening to a song called "The Future". ("That's what the future hooolds for me.."). It is a beautiful song. I'll hook you up when we discuss that CD you are selling to me. (Strong hint)

So you are joining us in the cold cruel mean harsh world of not working with Olivia anymore?

Wed Aug 30, 07:55:00 pm  
Blogger savage said...

whatever you do, try to have internet access.

Wed Aug 30, 08:43:00 pm  
Blogger Cherie said...

Dude, u are brave...thinking about doin that too, (end of september, i hope)i hate work! i hate working for someone! i hate waking up so early! my salary is peanuts! my workmate stresses the shit outta me! I wish I could just layabout and get rich. Honestly. But then again, who loves to work??? huh?

Thu Aug 31, 09:23:00 am  
Blogger Lovely Amphibian said...

Olivia doesn't have a last name, i think. she's an idea, a phenomenon. one of those forces of nature that just occur and humanity can't stop them. humanity can only call them one noun because everyone will know them by just that one name. like tsunami. geddit?

(i know u r reading this olivia so pay up).

Thu Aug 31, 01:15:00 pm  
Blogger joshi said...

does this mean no more USBS conferences every friday??..all the best matey

Fri Sep 01, 02:59:00 pm  
Blogger Jay said...

Ahhh Free at last, free at last.
Wish you all the best.
Hook up with Olivia already. Stuff the nice guy list and the suitor. You strike me as a bold step taking kind a guy.

Fri Sep 01, 03:21:00 pm  
Blogger scotchbiscuits said...

the nicest part is that now you get to strut around in handsome blue jeans on a monday when evryone else is sitting stuck in annoying dress pants wishing for saturday!

Thu Sep 07, 04:09:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home